Shop for art supplies, software, and much more.
How to Paint Living Portraits (North Light Classics)
Buy How to Paint Living Portraits (North Light Classics) or get more info at Amazon.com
Master artist Roberta Carter Clark shares secrets for infusing portraits with life.
Since its original publication, this best-selling book has earned a loyal following among students of portraiture. Back in print by popular demand, How to Paint Living Portraits
has been updated to help today's artists discover the joys of this time-honored tradition. Hands-on instruction covers a range of ages and ethnicities, offering a practical approach to creating successful, spirited portraits in charcoal, oils and watercolor.
- Includes 23 exercises for capturing recognizable likenesses, feature by feature
- Offers instruction on painting the figure, hands and clothing
- Addresses common stumbling blocks of skin tones and hair colors
- Illustrates simple and complex lighting set-ups for achieving multiple moods and effects
- Features 5 step-by-step portrait demonstrations in charcoal, oil and watercolor
Clark brings fifty years of experience to this book, from technical expertise on color and composition to practical considerations of working with a live model. One of the most comprehensive guides ever written on the subject, it's a valuable reference for any skill level.
- Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits: More than 500 Color Combinations for Skin, Eyes, Lips & Hair
- Painting Portraits and Figures in Watercolor
- The Art of Drawing & Painting Portraits: Create realistic heads, faces & features in pencil, pastel, watercolor, oil & acrylic (Collector's Series)
- The Artist's Complete Guide to Drawing the Head
- The Figure in Watercolor: Simple, Fast, and Focused
- Drawing & Painting Portraits in Watercolour
- Winsor & Newton Professional Water Color Tube, 5ml, Cobalt Violet
- Accurasee Artist Proportional Divider
- Painting Beautiful Skin Tones with Color & Light: Oil, Pastel and Watercolor
- Jean Haines' Atmospheric Watercolours: Painting with freedom, expression and style
- see more